09. January 2018
FremantleMedia is one of the largest international creators and producers of programme brands in the world, with leading prime time drama, serial drama, entertainment and factual entertainment programming in around 40 countries, including the UK, the US, Germany, Australia, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Scandinavia, Latin America and Asia. FremantleMedia has production offices in over 20 countries worldwide, providing local sales and production support for its international TV brands. FM also has particular expertise in developing and acquiring new formats worldwide for production in local territories.
FremantleMedia is the content business production arm of the RTL Group, Europe’s largest television and radio broadcast company, with interests in 31 television channels and 30 radio stations in ten European countries. RTL Group is 90% owned by Bertelsmann AG, an integrated media and Entertainment Company that commands leading positions in the world’s major media markets.
The Royalties team are a central department with the FremantleMedia Group responsible for paying the third party format owners, agents and beneficiaries their share of revenues from the activities of the Fremantle UK based divisions as well as the global production and format sales divisions.
Key member of the Royalties team handling the calculation of beneficiary payments ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of the accounting both within the Royalties system and in the financial ledgers of the Company.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of the beneficiary and agency statements as defined within the contractual agreements and to the agreed timetable, ensuring that the royalty files hold sufficient detail for audit purposes.
• Preparation of the financial journals and payment headers for input into the accounting system SAP thus ensuring that the financial accounting entries (vendors, advances, recharges etc) are both complete and accurate.
• Preparation of schedules to support the recharges shown on the beneficiary and agent statements.
• Initiate payments to beneficiaries, either by preparation of self-billed invoices or by requesting the beneficiary to invoice.
• Preparation of ad hoc schedules as required by the senior members of the royalties team to support financial accounting entries, beneficiary queries, audits etc.
• Liaise both internally and externally to resolve any queries as they arise, passing complex / commercial sensitive queries to the senior members of the royalties team.
• Ability to identify and recommend process improvements to the Royalties Manager for discussion.
• Ad hoc duties as requested.
Key Relationships & Contacts
• Finance and Legal teams across all businesses within FM Group
• Beneficiaries & Agents
Key Competencies & Qualifications
• Previous experience of preparation of royalties statements and / or exposure to other areas of a central accounts function
• Strong excel skills
• Highly numerate, with a strong attention to detail.
• Accuracy and attention to detail are a key requisite.
• Ability to interpret contractual agreements.
• Organised and methodical approach.
• Ability to work effectively under time pressure.