The Financial Accountant is a key member of the General Ledger Department, they will assist the General Ledger Manager in ensuring the timely completion of the day-to-day activities of the General Ledger cycle for all entities with which the Business Services Group (BSG) has a Service Level Agreement (SLA). This will include:
- Contributing toward ensuring the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all related transactions, balances, monthly closings and reporting. This will relate to performing the GL function for the business units;
- Ensuring that transactions are processed in accordance with the Fremantle controls environment as part of the BSG Compliance function;
- Review and analysis of VAT postings and assistance with tax calculations
- Knowledge expertise on GL postings for:
- SAP Masterdata (e.g. Chart of Accounts, Flows, Document types etc)
- SAP interface to Financial Reporting system (Magnitude)
c. This knowledge will be developed on the job and candidates are not expected to have previous experience in all these areas.
- Contributing to continuously improving the processes of the BSG, especially for G/L related operations.
- Using the SLA, maintain key relationships with the Company’s UK business units representing the BSG interests
- Ensure validation of the journal postings for the business units are in full accordance with FMM internal guidelines, tax regulations as well as local & international standards and following-up all related pending issues. The G/L transactions relate to all G/L accounts (B/S, I/S and off balance-sheet commitments)
- Undertake Balance Sheet reconciliations and analysis ensuring Business documentation provided can support balance sheet positions.
- Ensure Business postings are completed in accordance with Month end/Quarterly and Year End timetable and where necessary work with business to assist in meeting those deadlines.
- Liaise with entities within the Company Groups relating to UK business units to ensure reconciliation of all inter-company balances on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Prepare reporting packs (generated by ‘SAP’ and interfaced into FMM reporting system ‘Magnitude’) to Company on a monthly, quarterly basis and annual basis. These packs relate to:
- Monthly management Reporting Pack, summary and detailed
- Quarterly/Half Year and Year End Financial Statements
- Monthly/Quarterly Inter-company Packs
- Monthly Cash Reporting Packs
- Statutory Accounts
Note: In preparation of the packs this will also involve resolution to any differences between SAP and Magnitude due to mapping/coding issues
- Prepare support for the quarterly reporting packs including:
- analytical review of the balance sheet
- reconciliation between SAP and the reported balances
- responding the queries from RTL and Group Reporting
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns including review VAT postings for the quarter to ensure the correct treatment and preparing the quarterly VAT filing documents
- Revaluation of all monetary assets and liabilities and analysis of the impact recorded in the profit and loss
- Preparation and compilation of audit documentation and the assist in the statutory audit process including completion and review of the tax packs.
- Performance of Compliance function for Company involving controls analysis, process re-engineering, testing and working with the business to resolve controls gaps
- Assistance to the business on all financial systems and management of changes to systems where there is an accounting impact.
- Working with the GL team in any ad-hoc financial projects e.g. providing analysis and advice as appropriate
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA or equivalent) preferably with experience of working within a finance function of a mid-sized corporation or of auditing mid-sized corporations (preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate a track record of experience within this type of role). Preferably the candidate will have experience in complex consolidations and inter-company transactions and is used to working in a controls based environment. The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following key competencies:
- strong background in accounting, particularly in UK GAAP and IFRS
- confident and enthusiastic team player
- excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- strong analytical and process-oriented mind
- advanced Excel skills (vlookups/pivot tables)
- knowledge of SAP and/or Cartesis Magnitude is highly desirable
- background in financial system controls is highly desirable (e.g. SOX or similar)