Senior Publicity Manager
The Publicist works closely with the Senior Publicity Manager to provide PR support for key programmes from across Fremantle UK's labels; Boundless, Euston Films, Hare and Tortoise, Talkback, Thames and Shotglass. This person will be comfortable implementing PR strategies across key shows and delivering dynamic, creative and effective campaigns across target media (press, tv, radio, online) which put digital at the heart and will include a strong focus on non-traditional media.
The successful candidate will manage relationships with production, high profile talent,agents, PRs, traditional and non-traditional media contacts, online journalists, social editors, bloggers and influencers.
Skills and Experience:
- To deliver strategic, proactive publicity for key shows across the Fremantle UK portfolio, generating targeted, effective coverage that puts digital at the heart.
- To bring a creative and innovative approach to securing publicity,particularly on returning shows and with a focus on non-traditional media where appropriate.
- To be able to demonstrate digital PR campaigns that have generated widespread and measurable traction across social media (Twitter, FB, Instagram, Snapchat, bloggers and influencers etc)
- To organise and manage press days/launches/events/photoshoots/briefings with key talent.
- To develop and maintain relationships with key media contacts, bloggers, influencers and other non-traditional media contacts and have strong relationships with key online journalists and key social editors.
- To oversee unit photography and delivery of stills/picture packages, liaising closely with Broadcasters Picture Desks.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues in the social media and digital teams, ensuring all external communications is coordinated and cohesive and in line with the press digital campaign elements.
- Issues management - spotting potentially negative issues and preparing for them; reacting quickly to issues as they occur and dealing with them in an effective and timely manner, both inside and outside of office hours.
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication and relationships with all production personnel, stakeholders, talent, agents and PRs.
- To create assets specifically for press and to attract social coverage.
- Proven record of achievement in press and public relations- with some experience, ideally in TV/Entertainment, and demonstrable successes in the delivery of high profile, proactive publicity campaigns.
- An excellent news sense with the ability to spot and generate news stories, along with a strong understanding of the news gathering process in the written press, as well as radio and television.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written and the ability to deal effectively with a range of different people (stakeholders, production, media, and talent).
- Proven creativity - trying out new ideas/ways of thinking and an appetite to produce and try out new ideas and ways of securing favourable publicity, with a special focus on non-traditional media.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- The ability to work effectively under high pressure and in changing circumstances, ensuring that a high standard of work and editorial judgement is maintained.
- Good working knowledge of the media industry and the TV production process.
- Experience of working with high profile talent and building effective working relationships.
- Experience of organising and managing press events and launches.
- Excellent IT skills, including advanced skills on social media platforms e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat.
- Knowledge and passion for TV.
- Experience of editing software and proven content creation.
- Ideally some existing relationships with bloggers and influencers or else an ability to build and maintain these relationships.
- An understanding of social analytics monitoring tools to be able capture reach and impact beyond traditional measures.
Develops and maintains relationships, both inside and outside of the business. Uses networks to gather information for business purposes, by establishing useful contacts.
Exceptional communication skills - ability to present accurate information in a clear and effective manner in line with overall strategy. Able to establish and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of people.
Able to think creatively - come up with solutions, new ways of working - and continually try new ideas out, especially in the social space.
Ability to handle logistical aspects of work, using time and resources effectively and planning ahead. Being able to deliver work to an agreed deadline as well as being able to manage competing priorities.
Ability to adapt to and work effectively with a diverse range of situations, individuals and groups. Is receptive to new ideas and different ways of approaching things, is able to adapt easily in a fast-changing environment.
Works collaboratively across functions, and across different levels of business to achieve maximum results. Actively co-operates with colleagues and is pro-active about support other team members.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com